As crashes mount, Hamlin should consider backing off

LOUDON, N.H. — Denny Hamlin’s Sprint Cup season has been an unwanted procession of alarming impacts that have forced a decision potentially as jarring as a 200-mph collision with a concrete wall.

It’s time for the Joe Gibbs Racing driver to weigh whether it’s worth continuing to race in NASCAR’s premier series this year.

The insurmountable reality of mediocre results and increasingly cringe-worthy crashes are screaming that it isn’t.

Hamlin has reached a self-proclaimed threshold where season-ending back surgery would make more sense than finishing out the string of a campaign tainted by portentous wrecks. The growing piles of mangled sheet metal carry a message that seems unmistakable: Sorry kid, this isn’t your year.

Since returning from the wreck at Fontana, Calif., that fractured his back and sidelined him for four races, Hamlin’s miracle bid for making the Chase for the Sprint Cup has dimmed at an accelerated rate. After courageously returning with consecutive top-five finishes at Darlington Raceway and Charlotte Motor Speedway, Hamlin started on the pole position June 2 at Dover International Speedway. A blown tire sent his No. 11 Toyota rocketing into the wall and triggered a significant downturn in his fortunes.

He has crashed the past three weekends — in practice at Sonoma Raceway and in races at Kentucky Speedway and Daytona International Speedway.

As physically taxing as the year has been, there are signs it has been as mentally draining, too.

According to David Smith’s (a site that offers NASCAR analysis via sabermetrics-style advanced statistics), Hamlin’s terminal crash frequency (measuring the rate at which he is being eliminated from races by wrecks) is a series-high 0.31 this year. In the last seven years, the highest mark posted during a season is 0.25 (Ward Burton in 2007).

It’s worth pondering whether Hamlin, who was so focused and steady last season despite stumbles by his team, is pressing too hard to earn the victories needed for the Chase. A breather might help as much in clearing his mind as fully healing his body.

With each sickening thud, it’s more agonizing watching Hamlin walk gingerly from his battered Camry to a waiting ambulance, particularly when there seems little left at stake.

Next Month, Stoner Honda RC213V Will Ride Again

Tokyo – Casey Stoner will make ‘comeback’ in MotoGP. Not as full rider, he will become Honda test rider in sebuat tests to be conducted in Rig Motegi Twin Circuit.

Stoner plans do a ‘comeback’ in MotoGP reported by MCN. Australian rider mentioned that it would be prepared to test Honda RC213V for 2014 season.

It is not certain when the test will be held. But it is believed, the test will be held in the coming weeks in August and will not interfere with the racing schedule Stoner in V8 Supercar event.

By preparing for ‘comeback’ The Stoner, Honda specifically set up the same special with ever ridden Stoner while still strengthening the teams.

Stoner decided to retire from the last MotoGP event in 2012. He took a step considered shocking because he was only 27 years old and is considered still have a great opportunity to increase the number of her world title it was only numbered two.

Ben Spies Pessimistic Can Go Faster

Ben Spies. (Foto: Daylife)

BOLOGNA – Ben Spies said that he would come back down to race with Pramac Ducati at Indianapolis MotoGP series on 16-18 August, Spies admitted that his condition was in good condition.

Spies has indeed been absent long enough after a severe shoulder injury since the accident at the Malaysian MotoGP series 2012. Spies who had been absent for seven series this season admitted injury had recovered.

“For the first time in months, I felt very happy because my shoulder in a very good condition. Decision is best right back in the moment. Doctors say that my recovery goes according to plan, so I wanted to get back at Indy with conditions 100 percent, “he said.

Spies who resigned from the Yamaha Factory Racing at the end of last year, not sure I can achieve good results in his debut later. The reason, he has gone through a lot of races this season.

“I missed so many races, and I do not ever be 100 percent. Now I am more confident about my recovery. However I am not sure I can directly go fast, since I had not been driving,” he said as reported by MCN.

About his future, Spies admits she still has a contract until 2014 with the Ducati satellite team. He also just want to focus and not think about the race will move to gossip today.

“There are so many rumors about what I would do in the future, but I just laugh to read it all on the internet. Obviously, I was ready to back away,” he concluded.

Raikkonen was asked not to move to Red Bull

Lotus Kimi Raikkonen tried to convince to stay on the team and did not move to Red Bull.
“In the last two years we managed to close the gap to Red Bull. And we continue to catch up with this,” said Eric Boullier, Lotus boss told the BBC.
Raikkonen speculation of a move to Red Bull’s Mark Webber came after deciding not to renew his contract with Red Bull.
Click Webber will leave Formula 1 at the end of this year and will jump in NASCAR.
With Daniel Ricciardo of Toro Rosso team, Raikkonen is considered as an ideal replacement for Webber.
end of August
Click Raikkonen record of achievement is quite impressive and for a while was in third position in the championship under the Red Bull drivers Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso of Ferrari.
Boullier said that Raikkonen at Lotus future will be decided before August.
“He’s old enough to decide what is best for him. Sides There is a positive side and a negative if he decided to move to Red Bull next year,” said Boullier.
Beyond the technical factors, Boullier said there was a problem between Lotus and Raikkonen related payroll but Boullier confirmed that the salary arrears is now complete.
Red Bull Webber himself said a replacement will be announced in late August.

Marquez Impressive Debut at Laguna Seca

Aksi Marquez saat menyalip Valentino Rossi di Laguna Seca (Foto: MotoGP.Com)

CALIFORNIA – Marc Marquez proved himself as a topnotch riders. The MotoGP rookie managed to become champion in the unfamiliar circuit, Laguna Seca and exalt himself as a champion of MotoGP competition part of 2013.

Once the lights start burning, the pole winner Stefan Bradl seater immediately shot. Valentino Rossi who inhabit fourth start also managed to poke into second place, followed by Marc Marquez, Jorge Lorenzo, Alvaro Bautista, Dani Pedrosa and Cal Crutchlow in the top seven positions.

The second lap, Bautista got past Lorenzo who has not fully recovered from a left collarbone injury. Two laps later or fourth lap, turn Marc Marquez who steal the show.

Rossi aggressive appearance make trouble closing the gap, so successfully exploited to overtake Honda rookie in a corner, even though that is a little out of track.

After passing Rossi, Marquez is now the focus of chase Bradl began to move away. Meanwhile, Rossi is now under pressure from Bautista in the race for third place.

In the third line, presented a battle of two injured riders, Lorenzo who got the fierce resistance of Pedrosa who has not recovered from a shoulder injury. Trailed after 11 laps, Pedrosa eventually successful-clicking overtake Lorenzo to claim fifth position.

Lap after lap run, Marquez managed to cut the distance with Bradl until he finally managed to take advantage of lax Bradl on lap 19 to take over control of the race.

In the second row, Rossi also started overwhelmed serve Bautista resistance that continues to stalk right behind him. Elsewhere, Pedrosa began to open the gap to Lorenzo in sight difficulties flagship M1 spur the fullest.

Entering the final 10 laps, leaving Bradl and Marquez began comfortably leading the race on the new circuit this time ‘knew.’ Marquez 1.5 seconds ahead of Bradl and 5 seconds of The Doctor in third place.

Marquez increasingly emphasized its dominance with widened to 2 seconds from Bradl at three laps remaining. Meanwhile, Rossi was still fought hard to resist the pressure to secure a third podium Bautista.

Last lap, Marquez is no longer untouchable for later claimed his first win in his debut at Laguna Seca. Bradl, despite failing to be a winner, because it can be a little sumringah earned his first podium in the premier class since competing last season.

The living legend, VR46 also finally managed to win the battle for the final podium charge. Bautista in the fourth position, followed by Pedrosa and Lorenzo in sixth position. Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider, Cal Crutchlow finished seventh, followed by Ducati duo, Nicky Hayden and Andrea Dovizioso and Hector Barbera in the top ten.

With this kemenenangan, Marquez had the right to close half of this season’s competition as the championship standings. Because the new 10 series will be held on August 18, 2013, in Indianapolis, USA.

Moto2 world champion this past season collecting 163 points, or 16 points ahead of teammate Pedrosa (147) in second place. Lorenzo was in third place with 137 points, followed by Rossi with 117 points.

Though cleared, Redskins will go easy with RG3

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Robert Griffin III put on his knee brace and passed the perfunctory Washington Redskins conditioning test on the eve of training camp, then declared he has ”nothing left to prove” – at least physically – in his return from major knee surgery.

That’s doesn’t mean he’s all the way back.

Griffin said Wednesday he won’t participate in 11-on-11 drills in the early days of camp and likely won’t play in any preseason games. The quarterback who likes to keep the throttle wide open is going to have to exercise a bit more patience as he and coach Mike Shanahan – who have shared blame for how Griffin got hurt – try to work together to get him on the field for the regular season opener Sept. 9.

”They want to make sure we’re not doing anything too soon that we don’t have to do,” Griffin said. ”Let some of these other guys get ready for the preseason. If it comes around that I’m ready to go, then maybe in the third preseason game, but as far as my understanding goes, preseason’s really not even in the air. … I think Coach feels like I can play without any preseason, so there no need really for that. Patience is the key.”

Griffin had reconstructive surgery on two ligaments in January after injuring his right knee multiple times in a playoff loss to the Seattle Seahawks. Team doctors and coaches cleared him for practice within the last week, setting a remarkable pace for a rehab that can typically take a year or more.

”In my mind there’s nothing left to prove,” Griffin said. ”And that’s the way you have to approach the game when you’re coming off of an injury. If you pass the test, then in your mind, you feel like you’re ready to go.”

But Shanahan is determined to play it safe with his franchise quarterback, having said he wants to make sure Griffin is 100 percent before playing in a game. Shanahan will meet with reporters Thursday, but Griffin appeared to lay out the key points in the latest important conversation between player and coach.

”I think we’re on the same page,” Griffin said. ”When we sat down and talked about what I was going to do in training camp and the weeks to follow, it was a good moment for me because of all the hard work had paid off. And they’re going to allow me to get back out there and do what I do, and that’s play football and just have fun with the guys.

”We all made mistakes last season. We all understand that. We all talked about it, and it’s time to move on. … Me and Mike Shanahan‘s relationship is paramount to this team being successful.”

Shanahan was not only criticized for leaving Griffin in the Seahawks game too long, but there was also scrutiny over whether the Redskins’ offense – along with Griffin’s aggressiveness – left him too vulnerable. He led the team to its first division title in 13 years, but he missed all or parts of four games with various injuries.

”The goal is longevity in the league. You also want to win,” Griffin said. ”And so, as a quarterback, I don’t like to conform and say you can’t win outside the pocket. I think you can win outside the pocket. You’ve just to be smart about it. And that’s what I’ve learned over the past six months about myself and what we need to do to win. Maybe that’s keeping me in the pocket a little bit more. Maybe that’s throwing the ball away a little bit more.”

Griffin said he’s been an ”overachiever” his whole life, so the thought of being eased back into the practice routine and skipping the preseason isn’t part of his nature.

”If they want to me to patient right now and ramp it up later, then I’m willing to do that,” he said. ”And they know that I’m going to be – I wouldn’t say compliant – but I’m going to follow those rules, follow those guidelines, do as much as I can within that, and when it’s time to go full-go, then I’ll be ready to go.”

”If you talk to a lot of the vets, they don’t like the preseason,” he added. ”That’s a well-known fact. Even I know that – and I’ve been the league only one year.”

Austrian GP Season Will Start Again Comes Home

Spielberg – After an absence since 2003, the Austrian Grand Prix will return to the F1 calendar. The plan Austrian GP will take place since the 2014 season.

This was possible as the management agreement between F1 with Red Bull camp, which has a circuit in Spielberg, Styria, Austria.

The circuit itself is now called the Red Bull Ring after polished finished and opened again in 2011. Previously it was carrying the circuit Österreichring name and then A1 Ring.

“Dietrich Mateschitz (Red Bull owner) and Bernie Ecclestone have reached an agreement that will make going back to Styria F1 next year,” said Red Bull as quoted by Autosport.

Years ago had appeared discourse to replace the race in New Jersey with the Austrian race. In the end an agreement was not reached for 2013, even though it was revealed that the Austrian Grand Prix will appear again in 2014.

The return of the Austrian GP formally still must be approved by the FIA ​​as a discussion about the 2014 calendars in the World Motor Sport Council meeting next.

Massa: Ferrari at the Hungaroring could Competitive

Budapest – Felipe Massa was reluctant to accept the notion that Ferrari will be trouble at this weekend’s Hungarian GP. He still has confidence that his team can compete with its rivals.

Formula 1 tenth series will be held Sunday (28/07/2013) in the circuit Hongaroring. This circuit is known for its characteristic narrow and winding.

“People say that the characteristics of our car did not fit with this circuit and it will be difficult for us to be able to compete for victory,” Massa said as quoted by Crash.

“But I’m not sure this is an accurate assessment, because previously there are other circuits in which we assessed will appear tough and the going is not so. Vice versa, the opposite.”

According to 32 riders this year, as long as can well understand the circuit and find the right settings to devour corners Hungaroring, the opportunity to compete with rival will still be there. He also hopes his team can look slick and reverse the presumption.

“The most important thing is as soon as possible to understand very well how the car reacts. Circuit requires as much downforce as possible, because of the speed on the straights here not too important.”

“You need a very stable car and it would be good for the tires to avoid relegation. I think we can be competitive, so I hope our weekend runs contrary to what people expect,” he said.

Massa is currently still at number seven rider standings with 57 points. He is 100 points behind Sebastian Vettel is on top of the standings. So far he has only once on the podium, while finishing third in the Spanish GP.

Vettel Wish Break ‘Curse’ Hungarian GP

Budapest – Hungary GP to be one race that has never been won by Sebastian Vettel in his career. The defending champion is hoping to be able to break the “curse” is before the holiday competition.

In six races in Budapest, Red Bull’s best achievement is just riding on the podium both occurring in 2011. Other four races there ended with a third place finish, once finished fourth and failed to finish once. While on his debut in this series, Vettel finished 16th while still defending Toro Rosso.

This season, Vettel has managed to get his first win as a cage aka GP race win and become champions Germany in Canada.

Vettel, is still firmly on top of the standings with a collection of 157 points, 34 points adrift of Fernando Alonso. Victory in Hungary will keep its distance from the closest rival.

“Hungary has some interesting memories for me,” said three-time world champion was quoted by Reuters.

“It was my first race with the Red Bull family. Lets hope I can add to my memories with a win there for the first time before I vacation,” hope Vettel.

Vettel not Care’s New Friend

Sebastian Vettel does not matter who will be the new tandem at Red Bull Racing next year. Even so, three times Formula 1 champion is claimed to have good relationships with both candidates, ie, Kimi Raikkonen and Daniel Ricciardo.
The German rider said he would accept whatever his decision in choosing a replacement for Mark Webber who moved to Le Mans next year’s Championship.
“I do not care. I have a good relationship with both. Maybe I know Kimi is better than Daniel, but I think he did a good job for a young driver test with RB9 car, “Vettel said.
Vettel also explained that Red Bull Racing is very interested in signing a contract with Lotus Raikkonen finished later this year. He also admitted to not be afraid of having to bertandem with the 2007 world champion.
“If you want to win the world, then it is not an effect, because you have to beat anyone. No matter whether you are a strong team mate or not. At this stage, it is very difficult to judge who is the best. Clearly this is a team decision, I can only give an opinion, “he concluded.